After a 12-day break for preparation for my quarterly board meeting, I was able to finish the empennage. I really took my time in locating the hinge, so neither side would bind. The hinge works perfectly, so the change of direction was well worth the effort. I also adjusted the servo rod to be 120mm from pin to pin (instead of 115mm on the plans). This seems to give me the maximum range in both directions. I ran the 5-wire cable through the grommet in the front of the elevator and soldered all five leads inside to the servo wires. With a quick test, I was able to determine that everything is working just fine. Now if I just had space on my walls, I would have something really cool to hang up. In any event, I can now consider the empennage complete.
Everything riveted except the fiberglass tips. That happens after mounting the tail to the fuselage.