After receiving a gentle reminder from one of the guys on the Matronics List, I have gotten back into finishing off the wing root fairings that I started over 6 months ago now. I am really interested to compare the flight data that I am collecting at present to see how much of a difference the fairings will make. I still have a bit of sanding and filling to do, but once that is complete I am just going to paint them with primer and attach with double sided tape to test their effectiveness before committing to painting and permanently attaching them.
Applied filler to nose and bottom of left fairing.
This section had not been filled previously.
Right fairing sanded back, just needs to have the rear cleaned up to remove the left over plaster.