I completed the leading edge of left elevator... I continued to fit the left elevator to the horizontal stabilizer. I installed the rod bearings and adjusted to the 13/16 - 7/8. Installed the elevator with the required AN3-7A bolt. Everything lined up nicely. I fabricated a bushing to protect the bearing and drilled #40 pilot hole through the elevator control horn.
I then installed the right elevator and checked for consistency and alignment. It really looks good. The control horns line up prefectly, and cleanances and trailing edges of both elevators are even.
I checked the balance of the left elevator... even with the full weight of the counter weight, I am still coming up light. I would highly suggest that if you are using electric trim that you do not TOUCH the counter weights at all.
In pervious photos you may have noticed that my counter weights had voids (Hollow) in the castings. I am waiting to hear from Van's on this issue.
I am happy with the results... will tackle the balance issue when it is time.