Brief Description: Drilled rest of elevator and clecoed to stabilizer
Using the new steel supports, I turned over the elevator and drilled the top flange of the skin. With the help of a 2" x 4" and clamps, I was able to secure the trailing edge to achieve a straight and true elevator. I then brought out the stabilizer and matched the two parts, joining them with the 6' piano hinge. Using my new safety wire pliers, I installed my very first safety wire of the project at both ends of the hinge. They really make the job kinda fun. Finally, I carefully drilled the elevator side of the hinge and it works as designed. Sweet. Now I'm back in fabrication mode as I need to make the parts for the elevator and trim horns.