I cut in the door lock and modified the leaver arm to block motion of the front pin when locked. A simple notch and bend of the arm provides the interference. In retrospect if I had moved the latch further forward in the pocket, there would have been more room for the lock AND the rack would not have poked through into the arm recess.
In the third image I glued in mounting points for the #4 button head screws to mount the hinge covers. The mounting points are made of a cured flox tootsie roll I made from extra epoxy. I rolled the stiff flox in a piece of food wrap. Cut off a short piece and sand to fit for each mounting point. Next step is to drill and tap for the screws.