Brief Description: Drill holes for gas line, position nose skin
1. Planned the route for the gasline as follows:
- Line leaves the outlet of the gascolator and goes through a hole in NR#2. - Line is bent 90° toward the spar. - Line is bent 90° to follow an inboard path 40-mm from the spar. - Line goes through a hole 115-mm above the NR#2 flange. - Line connects to a bulkhead ell to enter the cockpit.
2. I plotted up the position info given in 6W6-5 to determine the 115-mm hole location.
3. Determined that a 7/16" x 11/16" grommet would work well to protect the aluminum tubing.
4. Used a step drill to drill the 11/16" holes into ribs 2 & 1.
5. Removed the right nose skin from the ceiling storage location and taped it to the wing. See Fig. 1.