I fiddled around with where to located the Dsub mount on the side of the control linkage. Finally got a position that looks like it should work, so I match drilled a couple of holes to #40, the reamed up to #30. I used some pop rivets to attach the mount. Next I attached barrels for the Dsub socket to the wires at the end of a 4 foot length of blue Infinity cable. After the barrels, I added some heat shrink tubing. I am not using a shell on this end of the connection, so I wrapped with self fusing silicon tape. After an email from fellow builder Bill Crissinger, I believe I need to shorten my rear stick another ½”, so will make that adjustment before adding the other half of the Dsub connection.
Finding a location for the Dsub mounting bracket
Attached barrels to wire cable
Bracket riveted on, half of the Dsub clecoed to mount