KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  5-10-2017
Number of Hours:  4.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  

I talked to my DAR and got on his schedule for later this month. He wants a condition inspection done prior the airworthiness inspection. I worked on a condition check list last night and have it almost complete. Tomorrow, I plan to start the check—some items will be N/A since everything is new and has not yet been flown. I have had a very small leak on one of the fittings on my parking brake—just enough to show a faint red spot on a kleenix after a few weeks. I thought I would get it fixed before the DAR shows up. I drained the brake lines by opening the bleed valves on the brake calipers, then removed the lines into and out of the parking brake. Then, I removed the parking. Once on the bench, I removed the fitting that had the slow seep. I cleaned it up, applied sealant and re-installed the fitting. Then, I re-installed the parking brake and the associated lines. I used the same pump up weed sprayer that I had originally used way back when to fill the lines. I pumped up the sprayer, connected a tube to the bleed valve, opened the bleed valve and “whoosh”—the line filled rather quickly. Closed off the bleed valve and repeat for the other side. I have a few small bubbles at high points in the plastic lines which I will work out tomorrow. The brakes feel good and firm and so far—NO LEAKS!
' style=

Parking brake-re-sealed fitting on right

Parking brake-re-sealed fitting on right

' style=

Parking brake re-installed, ready for fluid

Parking brake re-installed, ready for fluid

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.