KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  4-4-2017
Number of Hours:  2.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Instersection fairings-11, clean canopy

I removed the intersection fairing a sanded down the edges where the micro had mushed out. This pretty much took care of all the gaps except for the lower end that fits around the gear leg. So, today, I taped off the gear legs and mixed up another batch of micro. I spread this on the gear legs where the bottom of the fairing fits, then attached the fairings. Tomorrow, I’ll sand the lower edges and then do another finish coat—ready to be done with this phase of the build. Next, I needed to clean up the tape residue left on the inside of the canopy where I had run a tape line when I sikaflexed the canopy to the frame some years ago. Per Van’s instructions for canopy care, I used Mineral Spirits. It didn’t take much rubbing to remove the glue residue. I followed up with dawn soapy water and finally with a fresh water rinse. It seemed to work as advertised. I thought I was all done, but just as I was leaving the hangar, I saw another area I had missed. I’ll get it tomorrow and also the windscreen.
' style=

R fairing, micro curing

R fairing, micro curing

' style=

Left side

Left side

' style=

Cleaned tape residue

Cleaned tape residue

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.