KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  3-2-2017
Number of Hours:  4.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  A mostly unproductive day

With the EAA registration kit, there were a bunch of vinyl decals to label about everything that could possibly be labeled. I used some to make up labels for the gas caps. These might do for an inspection, but I won’t have them. I’ll start checking for an engraver in the Dallas area. I received some oversize pins for the hinges on the right wing tip. These are .091 diameter vs. the .088 diameter of the standard pins. If I could get them in, I thought this would remedy the .1” play in the end of the tip. They are a much tighter fit and it helped some with the play, but still have .05” slop that I want to take care of—somehow. Since I already had 2 strikes today, thought I’d go for 3 and work on the roll servo issue. I cut the power wire at the wing junction and traced it back thru about a dozen zip ties and adel clamps thru the spar and all the way up the gear tower—it then went to the switch console. Dang it, I forgot about the autopilot disable switch on the right console. The wire went to there, but had pulled loose from the terminal. Power issue solved—after spending about 3 hours bent over in the fuse. So, reinstalled the wire, added back the zip ties and connected back everything I had undone—what a waste of time. I fired up the Dynon--crud, it still does not see the roll servo, so it has to be from the wing root out to the servo—strike 3. The only positive thing about today was that I received some intersection fairings from RV Bits. The finish looks super—hope they fit as good as they look.
' style=

Intersection fairings--finish is very nice

Intersection fairings--finish is very nice

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.