Brief Description: Added engine oil, start wing tip wiring
I removed the lower spark plugs and pulled the prop through a couple of revolutions to drain any preservative oil in the cylinders. There just wasn’t much to drain out—I think most of that oil went out the exhaust valves. I had previously put sandwich baggies over the end of the exhaust pipes and sealed with duct tape to keep moisture content down in the engine. Both of these baggies had oil in them. I removed the dehydrator plugs and then screwed in both the lower and upper spark plugs finger tight. I will take the dehydrator plugs home and “cook” the silica beads--hopefully for the last time. I will re-install and leave these plugs in until first engine start. Then, I added 6 quarts of M20W50 oil. First engine start is getting closer! Next, I started wiring the nav/strobe lights in the wing tips. I installed the Aero-Led light assembly on the right wing tip and secured the wires with a zip tie and a nylon tab (previously glassed to the inside of the tip). Tomorrow, I’ll crimp on some pins and install the molex connector, then repeat for the left side. Only got one pic today.