KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  11-16-2015
Number of Hours:  4.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Trimmed R. flap, removed wings

I trimmed the right flap—lower inboard skin. Hand bent for a better fit. Just like the other side, there were several iterations of remove, trim and reinstall until I was satisfied with the fit. Also, as with the left flap, I added a rivet where the two flap skins overlap. I also opened up the holes in the fuse where the pushrods pass thru—did this on both sides. They each needed just a little more clearance. I then match drilled to #19 the holes in the wing root fairings as well as where the wing skin overlaps the center fuse skin. Just for grins, I added the right wing tip to see how it someday may look. Removed the flap fairings and the wing root fairings. I marked the fuel lines to trim to final length. I then removed the rear spar bolts, the tank attach bolts and the aileron push/pull tubes. My neighbor Al, came over and helped me remove the wings and store them safely back in the cradle. It didn’t take much force to remove the temporary bolts—I used a block of wood and levered them out with a small tire iron. The weather is supposed to get nasty tonight, so I wanted both vehicles under cover. I’ll re-arrange the shop in a few days after the rain quits.
' style=

Drilled wing root fairings to #19

Drilled wing root fairings to #19

' style=

Fit R. flap to fuse

Fit R. flap to fuse

' style=

Sorta looks like it might fly someday

Sorta looks like it might fly someday

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.