Brief Description: Installed some firesleeves, begin config on VP-X
When my engine arrived, there were two fuel lines which I replaced—line from the fuel pump to servo and a line from servo to spider. I replaced the first line with one supplied by Van’s in the f/w forward kit. The second line was replaced by 2 custom made lines in order to put the red cube between the servo and spider. I tried to sell both extra lines on VAF, but no one was interested—they probably went thru the same replacements as I did. So, I cut the bands holding the firesleeves and removed the sleeve material. I cut the smaller line to fit the fuel pressure line from fuel pump to manifold and cut the other to fit over the throttle cable. I coated the cut ends with a mixture of high temp RTV which I thinned down with MEK to make it less viscous. Installed both fire sleeves. I also finished checking the VP-X wiring connections today per the instructions. So, I connected my laptop to the VP-X, did a firmware update, and then uploaded by configuration file. It all seemed to work without issues. In the next session, I will further verify all of the switch settings and device configurations. I need to decide on paint color for the panel soon—the top skin is calling my name to be riveted on!