Today I finished checking wiring connections to the VP-X and all checked out ok. Next task will be to fire up the VP-X and run the configuration program—maybe tomorrow. Next, I reloaded my dehydrator plugs with new silica beads—they were beginning to turn pink. This would not have been a problem in Amarillo, but the Dallas area is a bit more tropical! There has been much discussion on VAF regarding the need for a cooling/defrost fan. Some builders have two, some use one and some use none. Thought I’d go middle of the road—don’t really know if it is necessary or not, but I’m thinking more for air circulation behind the panel than defroster operation. Anyhow, found a computer case fan that had decent airflow and is very quite. I also found a mesh screen which is slightly raised in the center. I made a template and made a practice cut on the drill press with the man killer (aka fly cutter). Everything fit fine, so I transferred mounting holes to the skin, clamped it to the drill press table and turned the fly cutter loose. I ran a scotch brite wheel mounted on my die grinder around the inside edges of the new hole. Installed some temporary screws and set the skin with fan on the fuse. I need to source some black button head screws for final install. This will work out nicely—I’ll run a wire to the VP-X and program it to run when the avionics master switch is energized.