Brief Description: Fresh air scat tube, NAV connector for GTN
I added a right angle BNC connector to the end of some RG400 cable which I had previously run from the radio area down the gear tower--I left the excess just behind the main spar. This connector attaches to the GTN650 for NAV. This completes all wiring for the left side (until something else comes along). I butt spliced the wire from the EMS for the right fuel level sensor—left excess coiled behind main spar. Next, I ran the SCAT tube for fresh air from the intake to the vent on the left side of the instrument panel. I added a clamp on the vent at the panel, but I want to add a piece of small screen on the intake side before calling it final. Next, I removed some of the blue vinyl from inside the top skin—the area that extends from the instrument panel bulkhead to the back of the glare shield. I shot a coat of primer on this area and will paint the same color as the instrument panel. Each day for the last week or so I have continued to pump the brake pedals, operate the parking brake, pump more etc. I believe that I have finally gotten all of the air out of the lines. With all the pumping etc, bubbles have risen to the highest point in the plastic lines. Since I haven’t secured them yet, it was easy to “chase” the bubbles up the line to the reservoir. Think I’m done with brakes. BTW the parking brake works extremely well. I ran an 8-32 tap thru some of the nut plates for the floor of the baggage compartment. The nutplates on the left side will be difficult to reach once the skin is on, so thought I’d make them a tad easier to get in and out.