KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  6-1-2015
Number of Hours:  3.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Air test brake system

Decided to hold off on connecting CHT & GGT wires until I had the baffles at least partly done. Not sure some of the wire routing will work with the baffles—probably will, but I don’t want to find I need a re-route and not have enough wire for a new connection. One of the items on my “must do” list before riveting top skin on, is to fill the brake lines. I used some old fittings to put together a test device--guage, Schrader valve , tubing outlet etc. I could not get a seal at the caliper, so I disconnected the plastic line going into the reservoir and hooked the tubing to the line. I put about 15 psi of air in the line. The plastic line was leaking badly at the master cylinder. I wrenched it pretty good until it sealed. I finally disconnected the left side after about 3 hours—pressure had not changed. I did the same on the right side. The pressure finally dropped off after nearly 6 hours. I think I’m ready to inject brake fluid now—hopefully it will all stay in the system¬-¬we shall see. I did not log “waiting” time.
' style=

Had leak on left plastic line at master cylinder

Had leak on left plastic line at master cylinder

' style=

Pressure on left side

Pressure on left side

' style=

Pressure on right side

Pressure on right side

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.