Removed the fairing—the liquid shim appears to have filled most all of the gaps for a good fit. There are a couple of areas where the packing tape had a wrinkle—thus leaving a small groove in the dried micro. Also, I found a small crack where I had wrapped glass around the nose of the fairing on the right side. I sanded the glass back until the crack was gone and cut a strip of glass to lay up on this area for reinforcement. Mixed up some resin, wet the glass and applied to the fairing followed by peel ply. I added some micro to the remainder of the resin and using a credit card I spread this paste to fill the small gaps caused by the wrinkles in the packing tape.