Brief Description: Uh Oh - Reworking the right elevator
Today Dave Murphy stopped by the house and sure enough the first thing he finds is a couple of rivets that need to be set more on the right elevator. I don't know how they got past me. However I respect Dave's opinion since he's an A&P and that's the reason I like to have people inspecting (and being critical of) my work.
He thought they would be fine, but that I should keep an eye on them. Since they were on an attach point, I decided to actually fix the problem.
Unfortunately, there really wasn't a way to access the rivet. I ultimately decided to add an inspection plate on the bottom of the elevator. I'll add a matching one on the left elevator.
It will be nice to have extra visibility at this attach point, but I still wish I didn't have to go through the extra work.
Once I get the rivet fixed, I'll add the door doubler out of .032 and add a door with .016.
The rivet next to the bottom needs to be squeeze more.