I knew I wanted to use steel wind stands so I had my local welder fix me up with these beauties. They are a modified version of Rudi Greyling's drawings. Here's the link: http://flyboy.freepgs.com/rv_index.html I used 2x2 square steel uprights instead of 2x4 in Rudi's plans. Many buiders on VAF have used this method vs the plans which have you use 4x4 wood beams that tie to the floor and ceiling. This method alows the garage door to move up and down. I spent about an hour sanding off the mill-scale in preparation for painting. I didn't finish so next session will be more of the same. Hopefully I have some paint laying around that will work.