Today I progressed on to the elevator with goal of getting those mounted so I could start fabricating the elevator push-pull tube, etc. Well my procrastination on parts of the empennage is coming back to haunt me. I got the elevators out of storage and I hadn't installed the eye bolts, so I did that. Then I had to ream the hinges so the bolts would go through the hinges. Got that done too. I got both elevators up there and temporarily bolted into place with no nuts. I didn't drill the hole in the elevator horn for the pivot bearing either so I need to take care of that too - next session. Looks cool to see them on even though all the tail stuff comes back off once I get through this stage of the build.
Reaming the hinge brackets with the reamer.
I used a small needle nose pliars to get those bolts in - not much room to work.