The asymetry of the elevator ribs from left to right side has caused me to learn the art of drilling flush AN3 rivets. I installed the wrong side of the ribs to the second skin and had to drill them out. I also riveted the trim tab area on both sides and had to drill out the rivets that should have included the trim tab hinge ..... doh!
All going well otherwise. I am back to the flat set for the skins as I think the domed set left slight indentations in the skin on the stabilizer. The rivets on the stab seem tighter, but the cost of a small indentation. the rivets seem tight enough on the elevator as those I set with the flat set compare favorably to those set by back riveting.
Another error as I work my way through the assembly. I attatched the counter weight rib skin upside down on the right side. I had to drill it off and re rivet it correctly. And here I thought I was being soo careful.
The home made bucking bar worked great. The extra length I left on for the dimple die holder gave the perfect pressure against the rivets for setting. Setting all of the rivets on the front spar have been the toughest to get so far. There isn't a lot of room to get your hand inside with a bucking bar. This is where the small size of the Tungston bucking bar came in real handy.
I made copies of the foam rib templates so I would have a referance left after cutting. The trailing edge came out much better than the rudder. Both ar very straight, but the skins didn't close as tight on the rudder. I smeared the Proseal on the skins of the rudder, and on the extruded angle on the elevators. Because of the dimples on the rudder skin, I ended up with a thicker layer opening the joint a bit on the rudder.
Only the trim tabs to go, and I can move on to the tail cone.