1. Prepared the fwd and aft baggage door supporting strips.
2. Cut out the designated sections from the fwd upper skin apnel with die grinder and then cleaned up the edges a bit. The edges will need to be finished up later. Removed the protective vinyl from the interior surface.
3. Clecoed the baggage door support strips to the skin interior side.
4. Bolted the windscreen/roll bar to the L and R side rail flanges (2 each). This required some clamp pressure to get holes lined up. I then used a #12 drill to match drill the 6 holes through the weldment flange into the side rails and upper longeron. Needed to stay square to the longeron surface here as it angles inward a bit and then down as it progresses fwd. I put in a bult and nut as I drilled each hole. Once the 6 holes on each side were drilled, I removed it for deburring. Then again I reinstalled.
5. Clecoed the fwd skin on to the subpanel attachment flange, the baggage bulkhead and the firewall flange.
6. Used my poprivit dimple dies to dimple the 2 holes in firewall for the baggage door hinge suppor and then clecoed that in place. Final drilled the 2 holes through the baggage bulkhead through that hinge support and clecoed that end. A spacer strip was also prepared and clecoed in position between the door hinge and the underside of the skin.
7. Final drill 3/32 all the holes in the fwd upper skin
8. Removed the skin and other items previously mentioned and deburred all the holes drilled.
9. Clecoed the skin back on yet again.
Post 2 of 2 today
Drilling the windscreen support to the rail and upper longeron