1. Cleco the gascolator channel back together and rivet it. The newly primed rivet gun worked perfectly, with only a single pull required to set each rivet. It is clear that I had never before properly primed the rivet gun. Because I did not understand that the stem on the gun's pneumatic piston was supposed to travel through an oil filled cylinder, I had, mistakenly, only put oil into the pneumatic cylinder. I was lucky the gun worked at all.
2. Clamp the channel into place between nose ribs 2 & 3. See Figs. 1 & 2.
3. The channel is quite stiff after riveting. It should have plenty of strength.
4. Rivet 1/4"x28 nutplates to the L-angle reinforcements for the pump channel using 3/32" flush solid rivets.
5. Deburr, scour, and prime the pump channel parts.