Brief Description: Drill 3/32 & cleco aileron trim channel
1. Drew a 9-mm rivet line on the top and bottom skins along the trim tab cutout. Used rivet fan to mark the rivet positions.
2. Very lightly punched the hole locations and then drilled 3/32", top and bottom.
3. I used a small right-angle awl to hold the channel flush against a small scrap of plywood spanning the cutout. Then I drilled #40 and clecoed the cutout channel to the bottom skin. By drilling slowly, I could avoid moving the cutout channel out of position.
4. Clecoed the hinge to the trim tab.
5. Clamped the 90° angles to W-rail, and then used the angles to position the trim tab so that the trailing edge of the trim tab was aligned with the trailing edge of the aileron. See Fig. 1.
6. Drilled #40 and clecoed the hinge to aileron.
7. Removed the hinge and aileron. Then marked the mid-point of the the channel. Removed the channel and marked the 20-mm cutout on the channel.
8. Used snips to rough cut the channel cutout. Then I used a rotary file in my die grinder tp cut up to the line. See Fig. 3. Smoothed the cut and deburred with a hand file.
9. Repeated the cutout process to cut the notch in the bottom skin. See Fig. 2.