Well.......It worked...........I pulled all the rivets out and cleaned up the holes in the trailing edge and so far so good....its straight!!!!!!!!!!! Then I installed all the rivets, covered them with rivet tape and just like the instructions say.....I used the back rivet set to slightly set each rivet in a random order. I then flipped over the rudder and used my mushroom set to finish setting the rivets, again in a random order. when I flipped the rudder over I wasnt real happy with the way to shop heads were sitting in the dimples......I experimented with using my mushroom set an setting the shop end...this worked pretty well. My rudder trailing edge is straight as I ever imagined....not totally satisfied with the rivet sets but overall pretty pleased.
If I had to do it all over............I would have clamped some additional angle iron to the otherside of the rudder and clamped it down and also would have bought a 5 foot piece of steel to use as a back rivet plate.
Now for the fun....rolling the leading edge....Im going with Dan Hortons idea and using J bolts.....My hair is turning grey with every part I install on this plane!!!!!!!!!