I decided to get the fuselage a bit more mobile so I worked up a design for making a dolly for the landing gear. The other issue I am addressing is the fact that if I put the landing gear and tires on then it won't fit out of my basement door,
So after getting about $30 of steel and casters from HF Aircraft Supply I set about measuring and designing the dolly. I cut and drilled the landing gear axle hole locations on the end plates and the channel iron to correct length.
Next I began by welding the plates on the ends of the channel iron. I completed all that in the first work session.....pic 3 is actually from tomorrows session but I wanted to utilize the picture frame in today's post. The castors required I cleared the radius in the corners of the hole locations with an endmill to have a flat surface for the bolts.