I had a short day at work today and then had a million thing to attend to. After knocking a lot off the list I went to the next town over to get some aluminum sheets and shelving at trusy old Harbor Freight. I was able to get 4 blanks for cutting prototype panels for the RV8. I had my contact at another machine shop cut the metal on a shear to 14 x 24 which will work good for prototypes. I will lay out the panel....cut it....then see if all looks good or make adjustments instead of ruining my Vans panel and have to order another one. The blanks cost $10 each which is reasonable.
Next I tackled a re-org in the basement. I needed a place to put a shelving unit to hold the avionics as I would need them for mounting and laying out the space behind the panel and in the panel. I didn't want to dig through boxes to find what I needed all the time so I bought the shelves and sorted things out that they could be available.
My re-org meant cleaning and moving awaiting assemblies that have gathered through the months and years. I made room for the shelves and straightened out a few things. Never really did anything on the build but the prep work is all part of it too.