Took a break from the baffling today. I need to know how the snorkle is going to fit on the throttle body as many times the snorkle needs to be cut and re-fit and it not a simple "plug and play" item. I decided to get the hole in the mounting flange actually round so a quick set up on the mill and a couple cuts took care of that and the hole an even 2.500 inches. Measuring the bore in the throttle body came to about 2.620 inches.
I went into my house plumbing stock and found a 2 inch pvc coupling which had enough thickness to capture both diameters. I put it in the lathe and turned the two diameters on the the coupling and cut it off. The coupling works great fitting into both holes and centering the snorkle on the mounting flange and throttle body.
Putting the snorkle up to the throttle body with the locator ring proved immediately that the snorkle will need to be modified as it is hitting the bottom of the B&C starter and of course the filter end is not meeting perpendicular to the inlet baffle. Tomorrow evening Sir Robert Brooks will make a grand appearance to give me some tech advice as he put one in his RV7.
I turned to the Oil Cooler. There is a little problem with using a big hose on the rear baffle as the hose will partially block the dipstick. My solution looks to be using a 3" duct on the baffle and expand to a 4" lower down towards the oil cooler valve.....still working on it.....