It is a holiday and Ralph came over for some shop time assistance. We saw each other earlier that day at the airport. I decided to go for a flight since it had been a couple months since I had done so.......the weather was high overcast......and beautiful. We both got finished putting the aluminum steeds in the barns at the same time and headed out towards the house.
As we were getting ready to rivet the bottom sides of the top skin we realized that the last three rivets on the quick build kit were installed and it posed a problem with getting the rear portion of the skin done. Ralph and I spend quite some times pondering how to remedy the situation. We decided to measure as close as possible to the rivet locations and try to drill holes above the rivets in the fuselage....we came very close but without going into all the detail our plan proved improbable due to trying to drill out the fuselage rivets as well as no acces to rivet the rear two rivets. We finally abandoned the task and I ordered some cherry max rivets to hold down that last part of the skin. There will be fiberglass that goes over that location anyway.
Ralph completed getting the left and right skin supports attached and pull riveted. He also put the cowling spacer on the front of the ring gear to get that ready for cowling work in the near future.