Brief Description: Final radio check, nutplates for Dynon screen
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!! I spent some time with the radios and got the intercom issue worked out—it was a squelch setting. Then, I made one final check of both pilot and co-pilot headsets to make sure each could hear and transmit on each radio as well as another check of the intercom. Everything seems to be working good now. Next, I removed the Dynon screen, followed by the avionics stack. I removed both antennas as well—don’t want one of them to get snapped off. I removed the instrument panel and clamped it to the work bench. There are 6 nutplates that need to be added which secures the Dynon screen to the panel. I used the pneumatic squeezer to set 12 NAS rivets securing the nutplates. Next session, I plan to remove the subpanels and paint them as well as the instrument panel.