I removed the switches etc from the subpanel, then removed them. I spent a good bit of time securing wiring with zip ties. I had previously selected a gray color which had a medium texture to it. I got one coat of paint on the instrument panel—don’t know if I’ll need a second coat or not. The subpanels had previously been primered, but I shot another light coat of primer on them. After it dries (doesn’t take long at 95 degrees), I’ll get a coat of paint on them as well. Later. Arrrr! Went out to shoot some paint on the subpanels. It suddenly dawned on me that I may have trouble with labels sticking to a textured surface. Guess I’ll sand the panel and go in search of a flat or matte gray paint. One step forward and two steps back.