Brief Description: Troubleshoot co-pilot radio problems
I spend some time yesterday with fellow builder Joe N. We did some testing and troubleshooting on the co-pilot radio issue. The pilot side seems to work fine, but had nothing for the GIB. We finally concluded I should remove the wiring harness for the GMA240 audio panel and check to be sure pins for the co-pilot were correct. Well, in the night, I came to the revelation that the pins were correct (I’ve put in lots of them and nothing in the wrong hole yet), but that maybe I had the phone and mic wires labeled incorrectly. I removed both jacks on the co-pilot side and discovered the mic wiring was connected to the phone jack—yikes, that is the problem! I unsoldered the wires from both jacks and re-soldered to the correct ones. Plugged in the headsets—the GIB now can hear and transmit! I have one more issue¬-intercom for the GIB doesn’t seem to work, although the intercom for pilot does. So, still have an issue, but making progress.