I removed the hinge pin from the right side and put a small curl in the end. Then after many “insert, remove, bend a little more” iterations, I finally got the pin to fit into the cutout which will be covered with an “RV-8” polished cover. Then, I trimmed the excess off of the opposite end. For the left side, it was a repeat of the right. After I had the pins to fit the covers, I worked on the nose opening a bit. I used my heat gun to get the end of the lip on the upper cowl to lay better over the bottom cowl. I also sanded the joint between the upper and lower for a smoother fit, but his area still needs some glass work. I had previously installed the sniffle valve, but the hose was in contact with the lower cowl. I added another 45 degree street elbow and this seems to get a tighter curve and should make for adequate clearance with the cowl.