Brief Description: Fitting lower cowl to fwd. baffles
Used the servo gasket to mark the top holes in the snorkel, drilled them 1/16” to make sure I was centered, then drilled up to ¼”. I used my dremel to trim the side of the snorkel to match the fuel servo. I sanded the nose cowling (once again) and then shot a coat of filler primer—there are some pin holes and a few deep scratches, but the bulk of the micro fill looks to be done. I separated the the cowl halves and trimmed the inside of the glass I had laid up for the hinge pin covers. I propped the lower cowl in position to see where the front ramps needed to be trimmed. Did this dozen of times until I could get a cleco in the top of the rear hinges. I kept marking and trimming until I got the cowl to fit as it should. The ramps and side baffles still need more trimming and some sort of bend (according to the instructions- which I still don’t completely understand). Maybe I can find some pics online tonight that will make it clearer. My spinner to cowl clearance on the bottom cowl now has proper clearance and is uniform all around—very happy with the fit.