Today was the day I hoped to remedy the loose fit on the right wing tip. The problem with the hinges is there is some horizontal play between the eyelets on the two halves—about .032” gap when one end of an eyelet is butted against the opposite side eyelet. My solution was to add another piece of hinge butted opposite from the existing hinge. Pics may help explain it better. I drilled out 3 rivets holding the hinge, then, cut off 3 eyelets with the dremel. The first cut was a little deep, so it will require a little micro to fill the gap. I used some scrap hinge which I flipped upside down—I wanted to keep the old hinge piece (less eyelets) in place. The part flipped needs a .060” spacer to keep the eyelets in line. I installed some dummy hinge with a pin to keep everything lined up, then, I used side clamps to secure the new hinge piece as well as a small screwdriver blade jammed between the eyelets to hold the piece in place. I then match drilled using the wing tip and existing hinge as a guide. After it was all clecoed together, I checked and sure enough, no play in the hinge! I squeezed in some -6 rivets and then it dawned on me I had forgotten something. In my excitement over the new fit, I failed to shoot any primer on the new parts—dang it. They will just have to fly bare. Tomorrow, I’ll take the tip back to the hangar for the final moment of truth.