Brief Description: Apply sanding primer to upper, resin to lower
I went over the upper cowl one last time to clean of any dust, then I shot a coat of sanding primer on. While this was drying, I sanded a couple of areas on the lower cowl. I mixed up a batch of resin/acetone which I brushed on the lower cowl. Then I used a credit card to squeegee off the excess. I followed this with a 4” roller to take out the squeegee marks. I think I like this method best of all for filling pin holes. I set this aside to dry and inspected the upper cowl. I could not find any pin holes—yippee! There are a few spots that need to be sanded and maybe some SuperFil applied, but overall the upper is nearing final stages. I also worked on wing tip/dowel rods, but I put that in another post.