Brief Description: Finish L. lens cover, mount nav light
Left wingtip--I sanded the excess resin from the holes I filled in the wingtip where the lens cover mounts. I repositioned the lens cover and re-drilled the holes. Then I drilled an additional 4 holes to secure the lens. Fit is much better now. My Aeroleds arrived today, so I cut out the template and spent waaaaaay to much time positioning on the left wing tip. The upper part of the tip has different curve than the lower part. I didn’t like the look of the light being centered—cause I couldn’t really find a center that wouldn’t put the light at an angle. I finally just eyeballed it and aligned the light as best I could so that the light is in line with the center of the tip. I measured everything so I can duplicate the position on the right tip. I taped the template in place and drilled the mounting holes and made the cutout for the wire harness. I installed the 3 #6 screws to secure the bracket to the tip, but found the light would not slip on. I finally put a thin washer under the mount for each screw and was able to get the light mounted. Whew—seems like a lot of work just to mount one light. The other side should go much faster.