KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  1-14-2016
Number of Hours:  2.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Wing tip lens covers-3

I worked some more on the lens covers for the tips today. The plans show only one fastener in each corner to secure the covers, but I followed another build log and drilled for 4 more per side. I started with the right tip and spaced the new holes out 3” from each corner. These additional fasteners allowed the cover to pull in more flush than before—the plexi covers are very thin and the additional screws seem to stabilize the covers better. I have spent way too much time on these covers—trimming, sanding the cover, sanding the tips etc. Not perfect, but I think the right lens is close enough. After working with the left cover, I decided the corner holes needed to be re-drilled. I got the cover to fit pretty well, but the previous holes were mis-matched—again. This was the tip I had filled the holes once before and re-drilled—hope this is the last time for that. I mixed up some resin/flox and spread on the inside of the tip filling the holes. Tomorrow, I’ll reposition the cover, re-drill the corner holes and add the additional holes.
' style=

Added more mounting holes

Added more mounting holes

' style=

Fit is much better with 6 fasteners

Fit is much better with 6 fasteners

' style=

Glassed in holes-L. cover

Glassed in holes-L. cover

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.