KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  9-21-2015
Number of Hours:  4.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Windscreen fairing-19

Finally back to work on the bird. I was not real pleased with how the fairing and plexi came together in the previous session. I laid down a new layer of tape in the areas which had a sliver of the old tape and sanded them until I could pull the little sliver out, then sanded off all of the sanding primer. I removed the old tape and added a new run, maybe a 1/32” out from where the previous tape had been. Hopefully this will allow a new edge in order to straighten up all of the areas which were not even. Then I added another layer of tape. I drilled 5 holes in the fairing for some pop rivets. I drilled the holes up to #30 and countersunk below the fiberglass surface. Early on I had not planned to add the pop rivets—optional per the plans, but as much fun (NOT) as this fairing has been, I wanted no chance of it coming loose. I mixed up some flox and added it all along the new edge I had just taped. Also filled each countersunk hole, pulled a pop rivet then covered over the c/s with flox
' style=

Drilled & c/s for pop rivets

Drilled & c/s for pop rivets

' style=

Taped--again!

Taped--again!

' style=

Pulled rivets, added flox to edges & c/s divets

Pulled rivets, added flox to edges & c/s divets

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.