KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  7-31-2015
Number of Hours:  3.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Sikaflex windscreen-1

My Sikaflex order came in late yesterday, so early this AM I began the process of installing the windscreen. All taping and scuffing of surfaces had previously been completed. I started with Sika 205 activator (this stuff looks and smells like alcohol). I brushed on a thin coat and let it sit for the recommended 10 minutes. Next step was to brush on the 209d primer. The primer is supposed to sit for at least 30 minutes. After that, I began with the 295uv glue. I ran a bead around the base of the windshield, and then across the top of the roll bar. I set the windscreen in place and secured with 5 clecos and a strap around the center. Next, I injected more Sika into the gap between the windscreen and roll bar. Using a wet finger, I smoothed the bead, then pulled the first line of tape off. I went thru half a dozen rubber gloves and a bunch of paper towels and still managed to get some black goo on both arms, and plenty of other places. I will let everything dry for a few days, then maybe run a cosmetic bead of Sika, although the first one looks pretty good.
' style=

Applied primer to roll bar

Applied primer to roll bar

' style=

Applied primer to windscreen

Applied primer to windscreen

' style=

Sika goop injected, windscreen secured

Sika goop injected, windscreen secured

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.