Just couldn’t wait to make a mess with the brake fluid, so jumped in and filled the left side. It started out ok, but then went downhill quickly. I connected my pump up sprayer to the fitting at the brake caliper and pumped up a bit of pressure. Before I opened the bleeder valve, I had a nice leak going at the fitting—then noticed a leak at the valve that operates the wand on the sprayer. UGH! I quickly dumped the pressure, used a bunch of paper towels and cleaned up the pool of red fluid. I decided maybe the fluid had degraded the inner workings of the valve on the sprayer—I dunno for sure. So, I filled up a cheap-o oiler can from HF and connected it to the bleeder valve. After pumping for about 10 minutes, the line was mostly full. I operated the master cylinder and the parking brake valve which seemed to get most of the bubbles out of the line. There are still a few and maybe more will appear overnight. I rate brake bleeding right up there with fiberglass work as far as stuff I’d rather never do again!
Overflow worked--spot on floor was a substantial leak
Switching to oil can method--bucket full of paper towels