Brief Description: Drilled pipes to #30 for probes
Yesterday I drilled 1/8” holes in the exhaust pipes for EGT probes, but they were way to tight. I checked with VAF bunch and their consensus was to drill the holes up to #30. So, I used a #30 reamer on the holes-the probes fit very nicely. I installed all the probes, they added the cowl to make sure I had plenty of clearance—and I do. Next, I drilled a couple of holes thru the left gear tower and installed a Bowden cable to operate the alternate air door in the event the inlet ever becomes blocked. I need to add a steel cover over the hole in the firewall—always something else to order.