I started off today running wiring for the red cube. I plan to locate it between the servo and the spider—need some fittings and custom hose to get it connected. Next I installed a heat shield below the throttle cable. Looks like I will need a couple more in various locations. With these minor tasks done, it was time to drill holes in my new exhaust pipes. I measured and fiddled around for some time before deciding where to place the holes. I ended up marking the pipes at 2.7” below the exhaust flange for all cylinders. Center punched and drilled to 1/8”—per Dynon instructions. Hmm, probes won’t go in—maybe could force them, but they might never come out—probably need to drill holes up the #30, but I’ll check with VAF and Dynon first. I installed the CHT probes and temporarily ran wires for CHT & EGT to each side of the engine. After I get the probes fit, I’ll start on the connector process. I can see the end of the f/w forward stuff (excluding cowl). Plan is to get the top forward skin on and start the windscreen soon after.
#2 & #4 exhaust drilled for probes
#1 & #3 pipes drilled for probes
Dehydrator plugs-cowl in background waiting patiently