Last night I started on the #2 wire from the contactor to the starter. After I wasted about 2 hours routing the wire outside of the mixture cable, I gave up—just wasn’t going to work—too close to the exhaust. Today, I attacked it again, this time routing the cable on the inside of the mixture cable. This will work much better. I made a “standoff” from some 3/16” angle which I bolted to the VA-163 bracket so that I could install an Adel clamp on the end. I also used a “standoff” that was on a fuel hose that came on the engine (which I removed) to secure an adel clamp near the VA-164 bracket. I crimped and soldered a terminal on each end of the cable, added shrink tubing and boots. Installed the cable and tightened all clamps. There are no clearance issues with the cable—time to move on. Next up ground wire and alternator wiring.