Today I took a crack at building the elevator trim tab. It came out ok but I ordered another skin just in case and I’m glad I did. This is a spot where a lot of people seem to have trouble. For this go around I didn’t build the blocks that the plans call for. I bent the trim tab tabs by marking the bend lines on the skin and then using a block of hardwood on the inboard tabs and a piece of steel on the outboard tabs I bent them using a hammer. I then finished up the bends with my flush set in the rivet gun. These came out ok but I think I can do better. I messed them up a bit when I went to bend the trailing edge of the trim tab. I did get it all bent to the point where it would be airworthy but I’m not happy with it.
I also match drilled E-717 and E-718 to E-619-1-020 and E-607PP.