1. Got the fuselage plans out and staged. Studied the first steps which for the quick build fuselage, starts on pg 43 with fitting the landing gear.
2. Final drilled the center hole in the landing gear weldments and floor skins to 7/16" and then final drilled the outer two holes in the weldments to 1/4"
3. After figuring out the best way to clamp the gear leg in my drill press, I proceeded to clamp the inbd gear leag attach bracket and gear leg in vice and match drill to 7/16"nthe attach bracket using the gear leg as guide. Did the for the other leg as well. Marked the pieces left or right side.
4. Bolted the wear plate to the attach bracket and set up in drill press. used the previously drilled 7/16" hole in the attach brackets to match drill the wear plates. Both sides.
5. After getting fuselage inverted, level side to side and front to back, mounted the gear legs with the single 7/16" bolt and wear plates and attach brackets.
Temp is now 103 degrees and time to quit. 3PM. Note: I have spent some 10 to 11 hours at the hangar but logged a mere 4 hours!
Match drilling the gear attach bracket through the gear leg hole.
Mach drilling the wear plate to attach bracket
Gear legs bolted on with the single and first bolt.