Aired both tires up to 65 lbs to ensure that they are bigger than they ever will be at 40-45 lbs. This will ensure an adequate fit into the gear well. Also tightened up the gear bolts so that there is minimal play in the gear legs. Continued with the fit, cut, and grind of the gear and wheel holes. I did the right side first, and toward the end, I assumed the hole was more round than oval and proceeded to cut out a little too much on the outboard side to the tire. I learned my lesson there, and the left side was perfect.
To repair the right (CP) side, I found the parts cut out and pieced them back into the hole. I glued them with 5 min epoxy and covered with 1 layer of 3 oz bid