KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Brookes Web Site
' style=
Date:  5-10-2010
Number of Hours:  7.50
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Strake Prep

Spent a great deal of time removing week old peel ply from strake covers, and sanding. The peel ply puilled the jeffco off at various places exposing the fiberglass. I was concerned about bonding and consulted Scott S. and Jeff K. At Scott's suggestion, I sanded the areas of bonding trouble and noted that I could get a good "taper" of the jeffco indicating a good bond. The areas of suspect bonding were limited. I did a couple of test sandings at various places on the strake cover and found no other suspect areas. We decided, if there was a bonding problem at all, it was isolated and limited. After tapering all the areas of fiberglass exposure, I applied jeffco to those areas with a squeegee.

I prepped the fuel cap bonding wire where it exited the strake foam. I bent the wire outboard, covered it with nylafow tubing and caboed it in for a more robust wireing.
' style=

Area of bonding trouble

Area of bonding trouble

' style=

nylaflow tubing over bonding wire

nylaflow tubing over bonding wire

' style=

3rd jeffco coat in limited areas

3rd jeffco coat in limited areas

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2017 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.