Because I could not fly .......aaarrrhhhhh......over the course of the weekend I completed some maintenance.
It was not due as yet, however, looking around and seeing what issues are floating at random times can be of benefit to the overall process.
I completed a number of things and found an issue with the build that required correction.
1. Sparkplugs re-gapped from prior week. 2. Re-greased the propellor hub. 3. Installed the Vans SB for the front landing gear 4. Changed the tach sensor to 12V for testing on next flight. 5. Installed the headphone jacks for the rear seats. 6. Finished some rivetting that had been missed during the build. WHAT????
Yep. That is right. While working across the aircraft looking for things to do I stumbled upon an area that looked so consistent, that everyone that had inspected the aircraft had missed it.
A section at the bottom of the firewall behind the landing gear was missing the finishing rivets.
Now there was a bolt through this lower section and the engine is connected to the primary support rails of the aircraftso no structural problems, however, it just shows you that you need to dilligent. I'm pretty AR and was upset that I had missed it. But there you go.
Needless to say, these are now corrected.
Lesson learned. If you have a spare couple of hours, try and find fault with the aircraft and fix/correct/improve where possible.