I marked out the 18” from the bottom of the lower winglet and drilled the 1 inch hole and kept it to the opposite side of the hinge for a good pull back. I got the foam out and then sanded all the parts to be microed into place. I used the drill to make the notch for the return spring anchor and worked on removing foam from the rudder inside for the void to be filled with Alhapoxy micro mix. The anchor was riveted in place with a 3/16 rivet.
I put ducted tape on the bottom spring tube to keep the micro out when the tube is pushed into place. I kept turning back in forth to get the air out as I pushed the tube into place.